Friday, December 10, 2010

Whatever Happened to Forrest Griffin

Whatever happened to Forest Griffin? Seriously it seems like it has been forever since this guy last fought. From the season Forrest Griffin fought up until now I have always been a huge fan. You have to love a guy that fights his heart out and lacks the polish and skills seen in many fighters around him. Therefore I must ask myself what happened to this once high esteemed fighter. In this Article we will explore some possible scenarios as to what really happened to the man with the heart.

When Griffin first landed on the scene he was crushing his opponents with his amazing cardio and heart that would not quit. However, the Spyder Silva fight came around and Griffin was embarrassed. This fight was also at around the same time as his first book. Therefore I hypothesize that it was after that fight he realized I could make a lot more money writing books then getting my teeth kicked in. I would also believe that he may have thought his better days in the UFC had passed him up. Therefore he has taken easy fights since that day in fear he might get wailed and fans will see him as a loser.

If Forrest where to lose again there would be a strong possibility his fan base would go down dramatically and book sales would plummet with it. Therefore it is this reason that Forrest takes easy fights and does not get into the ring because of the fear of losing. I do not blame him in the least beat if this were the case. If you have peaked in fighting you need to start looking at other alternatives to ensure you keep that money coming well after your retirement.

While I may be frustrated my beloved Forrest hasn't taken a fight in a long time. I can rest assured he will be back and I will still be cheering like the rest of the UFC fan base.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment